A very mild curry that the whole family can enjoy.
chicken, 6 wings or 2 thighs (dark meat preferable)
olive oil, 1 tbsp
chickpeas, cooked and drained, 1 cup
spinach, 1 medium sized bag
garlic, 3 cloves
ginger, 1/2 inch node
red wine, 1 tbsp
water, 100 ml
rice vinegar, 1 tbsp
curry powder, 1 tsp
cumin seeds, 1 tsp
salt, 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste)
fresh ground white pepper, a little
(1) Wash and cut the spinach into 1 inch sections
(2) Chop the garlic and ginger finely.
(3) If using chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces.
(4) Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the chicken, browning it on all sides.
(5) Add the garlic and ginger. When the aroma of the garlic arises, add the spinach and red wine and allow to simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
(6) Add the chick peas and cumin seeds and stir. Add the curry powder, salt, and rice vinegar and stir again.
(7) When the curry powder is well mixed with the other ingredients, add the water. Simmer on a low to medium flame until slightly reduced, between 10 and 15 minutes.
(8) Add the fresh ground white pepper and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with rice and a fresh salad.