Ingredients (for 2~3 people)
Shungiku (1/3 to 1/2 bag)
Rice, two bowls of cooked rice (1.5 cups of uncooked rice)***
Hondashi (Japanese fish stock), 1 tsp
Salt, 1/4~1/3 tsp
Soy sauce, 1 tsp
Sesame oil, 1/2 tsp or to taste
Vegetable oil, 1 tbsp
***(Fried rice is usually made with day-old cooked rice)
(1) Cut shungiku into 1/2 inch~1 inch pieces
(2) Heat half of the vegetable oil in wok or frying pan
(3) Scramble the eggs and remove from pan.
(4) Heat the other half of the oil and saute shungiku until half-tender (about 2 minutes).
(5) Add rice, hondashi, salt, egg, and saute for 2~3 more minutes.
(6) Drizzle soy sauce around the edge of the pan along with sesame oil and stir well
(7) Remove from heat and serve
Add salt or other seasonings to taste,
Soy sauces burns easily, so don’t cook it long.
Chicken or vegetable stock may be subsituted for hondashi.