Some of our customers have told us they enjoy edamame with soy sauce. Here is a delicious traditional Japanese recipe for edamame boiled with sugar and soy sauce:
Uncooked edamame in the pod (1/2 pound bag)
Dried red hot pepper (1) (or cayenne pepper to taste)
Vegetable oil (1/2 tbsp)
Soy sauce (1 tbsp)
How to make it:
(1) Snip off both ends of the edamame pods, and wash them quickly in cold water.
(2) Cut the pepper in half lengthwise; remove and dispose of the seeds.
(3) Heat the oil and lightly sauté the pepper.
(4) Add the edamame and coat thoroughly in the pepper oil.
(5) Add the soy sauce, sugar, and 1/3 cup water.
(6) Cover and cook on low flame for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Point: The sauce cooks inside the pod--it's delicious when enjoyed together with the beans!
You can leave out the pepper for a mild version of the recipe.