Even kids who hate green vegetables will ask for seconds of this soup!
Komatsuna (1 bunch)
Milk (250 cc)
Water (250 cc)
Butter (1 tbsp)
Chicken bouillon (1 cube)
Dried laurel (1 leaf)
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
How to make it:
(1) Cut the komatsuna into 1 inch long pieces; slice the potato and onion thinly.
(2) Melt the butter in a pan; sauté the onion until tender, then add the komatsuna and cook a little longer. Add the potato and stir until the butter has coated all the ingredients. Add the water, bouillon and laurel and bring to a low simmer.
(3) When the potato is tender, remove the laurel and mix in a blender until smooth. (Mixing well produces better results).
(4) Return the soup to the pan, add milk, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
* For a richer, creamier soup, add a little cream after turning off the flame in step (4).